Mt. Sunapee - Skiing Lesson #2
Top of Paradise Trail
My shins ache a bit, but that’s normal right! 😜
It's Learn To Ski month and it was a super fun 2nd day of ski lessons. Love the snow conditions here at Mount Sunapee Ski Resort! A couple of laps on the easy Lime (Green) trail and then we headed up the "Clipper Ship Quad" lift to ski down Paradise to Smooth Sail'n trails (both green). After our lessons I went back to Lime to keep practicing my turn technique (no snow plow turns) for another hour. It was another fun day skiing and I didn't want to leave!
So many things to remember!
- Trust your legs/feet!
- Remember to keep ankles and knees flexed.
- Keeping my weight on the balls of my feet forces the front of my skis into the snow and this helps makes turning super easy.
- Be patient when coming around the turn.
- For left turns, put most of my weight on right ski. Vice-versa for right turns.
- Turning uphill will slow you down.
Starting to get it!!! ⛷🎿
Learning area from the bottom of
the Smooth Sail'n Trail